Tuesday 7 June 2016

(Jeju travel Mr.Dee) a film making about horse of Jeju: Equida documentary


Today is third day for shooting.

We had started shooting on Haenye in the morning and The ma park in the afternoon.

And we had a good conversation with them. They are very cheerful women.

We try to talk to the women and there is a conversation.

"How long have you been Haenye?" I asked.

"Well...not that long, around 10 years"

Right then, another haenye broke into our interview

"She is lying to you, she's been married for 60 years"

Then the haenye gave a grumble reply.

"Well, it's real irony that I've lived with the stiff-necked old man for 60 years.
With the words every one bursted laughing.

Most of haenyes in there are 70's and early 80's.
We thanks that they allowed us to go dive with them. It was really lucky day.

The shooting in The ma park in the afternoon was great as well. Even though I've seen this show so many times I think today's was the best of all.

I anticipate that the result will come out great.





4th day for shooting.

On hearing about one ancient picture we started pursuing horses and today 
we visited at Seong-up village for that.


In there we are finding out new knowledge about horses.

It was a good chance to have another perspective to Seong-up village.




Well, it's been already 7th day.
We've already come half way on all of the shooting a documentary.

If you drive for only 10 minutes to get out of the crowded city, you will face a vast green prairie which has the back ground of NoKome Orum. And 'Jeju horse riding park' is located on right over there.

We learned the differences between Jeju horse and Halla horse, the problems and prospect of the business.
Most of all, the most interesting thing is that we learned a know-how of breeding horses.

Well, we were so interested in  (Micheal Seo)서 명운's life story and his perspective of horses.(he is an owner of the horse riding park) And then we didn't notice the day already gone.

He said "I have two sons but actually I have more than 120 sons because the horses on the field are my children". we could see how much he loves the horses.





8th day for shooting.

Everybody starts getting tired.


The work is becoming harder and still 6 days more to go.

I think shooting for today is the hardest one so far.

Normally it takes about 5 hours for Yongsil course but it took almost 8 hours with shooting.

No lunch today, we had just cup noodles, one piece of chocolate bar and a cup of coffee at the top of Halla Mt.

Sam and Eric apparently have lost weight for a week. Sam even got allergy to sunlight. Well, I know  It's difficult and stressful to work in foreign country. However, I can see their passion.

We should eat more food to cheer up from tomorrow.







10th day for shooting.
Now, it's turning to the end almost finishing.

Even though it's hard work we got cheered up by the article 
which we are doing.




















11th day for shooting

It had been rained all morning and barely shot in the afternoon.
So beautiful scenic came out after raining.

I have learned a lot about Jeju horses for 10 days. 

Now, we have only two days to finish.
   



12th day for shooting.


I think I ruined my final interview because of physical fatigue from long time shooting and sudden tooth ache.



Actually I've never been on local TV as even a small role of extra but unbelievably I was picked up a host of French documentary.

"Well, You been doing well so far and you don't have even a description. Do you?" I am complimenting myself now.

Before they arrived here, I thought I would be on some scenes on the documentary. I never expected I would lead whole documentary.

However, We have only one day to wrap up and we will bid farewell tomorrow.

This documentary is due to air on Equdia channel on 8th September


   




Last day for shooting.
We have learned a lot about Jeju horses with filming for 14 days.

Susan and Grsori area are the places we've spent time a lot because these places are the mecca of Jeu horses.

According to history, Mongolians brought 160 finest horses from Mogolia which were selected for breeding with Jeju original horses and the place 'Susan' was the first place they arrived.

And in Joseon dynasty the central government established a big horse ranch  in Gasiri area in the vicinity of Susan to provide the main land with horses.

However, the Jeju provincial government planed to built a new airport here. It will destroys not only the villages but also hundreds years of culture and natural environment of horse

"Where can we raise horses"? Upon filming a horse farmer's deep sigh hurt my heart.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment