Friday 4 March 2016

(jeju travel) I love travelling with Mr.Dee

Frankly speak, I am still nervous to meet my clients at first.

I suppose they feel as same as I do.

Well, through my experiences travel always starts like that.


Whenever we meet people first impression is very important. When first impression is not good I saw lots of things went wrong.

I tried to figure out their purpose and meaning of coming in Jeju island, whether they come here for just sightseeing or for a real traveling.

Surveying for few hours brings a decision on what kind of travel it will be.


Rosemary is a Korean-American who moved to US at age 3. It is a first visit for her to her mother country since she moved away. I could see that she was expecting a lot in Jeju island.


When you think of honeymoon, it remind you of delicious foods, exotic atmosphere, and relaxing beaches. And if they are looking for those things, they might not need a tour guide like me. They need a tour assistant. But they need me because they want a real travel.

​​​

Even though I been tour guiding for a long time I still don't know what is a right way for a honeymoon couple.

A cousin of Rosemary asked me for a special tour for the couple. Then I made a special plan for them. Well, It's easy for me to make a nature friendly itinerary and also makes me feel comfortable.



Make a good memory and find a meaning of coming of this island is more important than just taking a rest.

"We didn't have time to make an itinerary for the tour, sorry" the agency told me. I said "no problem at all, some times no plan makes a better tour" Actually it is true.


Jeju island is one of best places for food tour in Korea. The culture is very different from main land. And So is food. Food is a part of their own culture.

'Korean food is always spicy and chilly' well, that is a prejudice. 'Koreans always sit on a floor on having food' that is another prejudice. Once you abandon the prejudices, you will enjoy Korean food more than you expect.



Last thing we did was climbing Mt Hallasan. We had a hard tour rather than easy sightseeing. And we had local foods rather than touristic foods. That was successful!



My clients will assess my tour. I don't know if they give me a good point or not. However, in my opinion a tour guide must have his/her own philosophy or pursuit to the right tour.

We can't satisfy all clients but we should keep consistent the right way

No comments:

Post a Comment